UAA Guidance Counselor
Ms. Marsha Desroches
Guidance & Counseling Information
As Urban Action Academy's Counselor, Ms. Desroches provides services to students that address their academic, personal/social and career development goals. Among those services are:
- Individual and small group curriculum planning and course selection
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Individual and small group counseling in the areas of academic preparation and personal/social development, Crisis response services
- Parent and community collaboration
Parents are encouraged to take an active role in the educational process of their child(ren).
At Urban Action Academy, we offer the following Advanced Placement (AP) courses:
- AP English Literature (Mr. Faiella—email@example.com)
- AP Psychology (Ms. Coates—firstname.lastname@example.org)
- AP Computer Science Principles (Mr. Nagy—email@example.com)
- AP Chemistry (Dr. Natalia—firstname.lastname@example.org)
Promotion Standards Chart
Use the chart below to determine the level of performance required for promotion at each level.
|Current Grade||Course Work Requirement||Minimum Credits for Promotion||Attendance|
|Grade 9||Successful completion of standards in academic subject areas||11||90%|
|Grade 10||Successful completion of standards in academic subject areas||22 (including 4 in English and 4 in Social Studies||90%|
|Grade 11||Successful completion of standards in academic subject areas||33||90%|
|Score 65 or above on 5 Regents Exams (including CC English, CC Math, Global History, U.S. History, and Science)||44 (including 4 credits/7 terms in Physical Education||90%|
|Score 55 or above on the 5 Regetns Exams||44||90%|
College Information & Application Handbook
Updated for the 2019 graduating class, this guide has information college planning, applications, guidelines for essay writing, asking for letters of recommendation, and more. Click to view (Right click to download).
College Planning Websites
- Campus Tours (http://www.campustours.com): View thousands of birtual tours and interactive college maps, along with colleg profiles and dditional information
- College Search ‐ Fastweb (http://college.fastweb.com): Includes profiles of thousands of colleges, financial aid, and shclarship information, along with video tours.
- CUNY Schools (http://www.cuny.edu): This is the main website associated with the City University of New York. Each CUNY School can be researched in depth, including campus virtual tours, college statistics, and much more.
- FAFSA on the Web ‐ Federal Student Aid (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov): Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid online
- Federal Student Aid (http://studentaid.ed.gov): Topics include "How to Prepare for College," "Applying for Aid," "Who Gets Aid?," "FAFSA Apply for Aid," and "Repay Your Loans"
- Official Student College Planning Tools from the College Board (http://student.collegeboard.org):Search for colleges by type, location, campus, major, sports, and more. This site also provides step-by-step advice and interactive tools to help you start navigating the college planning process, career information, and financial aid information
- SUNY ‐ The State University of New York (http://www.suny.edu}: Information, online applications, and links to all of the SUNY campuses throughout the state.